3 Countries 16 Days
Thailand, Laos and Vietnam
From Thailand our journey begins in Chiang Rai, we cycle through Chiang Kham district to Phu Lang Ka for an unforgettable morning sun rise through karst rocks shrouded in rolling clouds. We cycle onto Laos for a traditional welcome and Baci ceremony at our homestay village. Following quiet mountain roads in the least populated areas of Northern Laos we reach Vietnam, cycling to historic Dien Biên Phu where the French military were defeated in 1954. We continue to hill station Sa Pa over the Tram Ton pass South Asia’s highest mountain pass. We end the cycling 35km down hill from Sa Pa with a transfer to Vietnamese capital Hanoi.
16 days from
View Dates & Prices
Day to Day Details
Key details of our Cycling holiday in :
- Nan Province: minority cultures, ancient wats.
- Sunset and sunrise at Phu Lang Ka, Phayo province.
- Laos: home stay and traditional Baci ceremony.
- Dien Biên Phu: location of 1954 Viet Minh conquest.
- Tam Tron: the highest mountain pass in Vietnam.
- Hanoi: Old Quarter and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum.
This map is for illustration purposes only and may not show the exact route taken on this tour.