Welcome to redspokes ethical cycling holidays. redspokes specialise in guided mountain bike trips packed with adventure, for small groups of cyclists to the more remote and spectacular regions in the world. At redspokes we try to put something back into the poverty stricken areas that we cycle to. We believe in 'ethical cycling'. You can view the different charity projects we have been involved in via the menu on the left.
redspokes is committed to running tours that respect the communities and localities in the areas they cycle through. Our aims and intentions include
- Respect for the natural environment,
- Respect for local cultures their lifestyles, routines, religious and historic culture,
- A commitment to benefit our host communities economically and through social engagement,
- A commitment to conserve natural resources wherever possible,
- A commitment to minimise pollution in the provision of our support services, through noise and waste disposal.
We live in a world where:
- Half the population lives on less than $2 a day,
- 67% of the wealth is owned by just 2% of the population,
- The US spends $400 billion a year on weapons,
- It would take $324 billion to end extreme poverty worldwide.
At redspokes we try to "put something back" You can view the different projects we have been involved in by using the menu on the left...