Colombia - Medellin to Bogota
You must ensure that are in possession of a full passport with at least 6 months validity from date of your return. You will also need sufficient blank pages for your visa stamps. Citizens from the UK and most other European countries along with Australian, New Zealand, USA and Canadian nationals do not require a visa and will be granted a 90-day entry permit on arrival. However visa requirements are liable to change at short notice, travellers are advised to check their entry requirements with their embassy or consulate.
· Accommodation. We choose accommodation on the basis of comfort rather than luxury. Our prices are based on sharing a twin room; single rooms are available at extra cost.
· Most meals are provided on the tour (see trip notes for details) along with snacks and mineral water during cycling days.
· All transportation and local guides within the itinerary.
· International flights. On some tours internal flights are not included.
· Soft and alcoholic drinks are not included in the meal plan.
· Some meals on non-cycling/cycling days (please refer to itinerary)
· Optional extra excursions.
· Visa costs are not included in your trip price.
· Personal spending money.
Travel insurance Airport transfers outside of our trip arrival and departure dates. Tips for local staff Snacks and drinks with meals Miscellaneous personal expenses
Our cycling holiday starts in Medellin on Saturday. We appreciate that people join redspokes tours from all over the world; no matter what time you arrive at the airport on the tour start date you and your luggage will be transferred to the joining hotel. Please bear in mind that if you arrive before midday you may have to wait for your room to be made available.
The tour ends 14 days later in Bogotá on a Friday. If you decide to arrive early or stay on after the tour, redspokes can assist you in booking your accommodation and airport transfers at additional cost. If you depart on the last day of the tour your airport transfer is included in the tour price.
If you are flying from the Europe, you should look to get a "multi-destination" flight that arrives into Medellin and leaves from Bogota. Most European flights leave Europe in the morning and arrive in Medellin in the evening.
If flying from the UK, AA and Air France appear to be the favoured airlines by our customers.